MicroChannel is a multi-award-winning business solutions and technology provider, servicing mid-sized to large companies. Founded in 1995, MicroChannel has 280+ employees and 1,400+ customers located across Australia and Asia-Pacific regions. We sell and support world-class products from leading vendors, covering a full range of end-to-end operational and back-office technology solutions. With offices in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Singapore, Jakarta, Kuala Lumpur, Fiji, Colombo and with over 60 Awards received from Microsoft, SAP, Sage, IBM and other global companies, MicroChannel is one of the leading and most respected business technology solution providers in Australia.
MicroChannel has an outstanding team of committed and knowledgeable professionals who thrive on providing expert consulting, development and advisory services. Our team works together towards one common goal, to grow, develop and retain highly referenceable long-term customers.
As a member of the CRM and Marketing Automation team, the Web Developer/Software Engineer will work on a variety of web-based projects across our customer base. Project work consists of bespoke web development on existing content management systems and development platforms such as Microsoft Portals, ADX Portals etc.
Specific tasks include development, testing, deployment and support of specific web site development, web API engagements, product development, and eDM and Landing page development.
- All stages of the software development process including: design, development, confirmation testing, release management, issue review and perform maintenance.
- Consult with customers with respect to design and requirements to meet desired functionality and business outcomes
- Analyze information to determine, recommend, and plan development specifications and layouts
- Learn and maintain up to date knowledge of relevant development tools and platforms used.
- Apply skills & knowledge of best practices and current web trends to the projects you are working on and contribute to the continuous improvement of team techniques & practices.
- Perform project, administration and billing tasks as required by a consultant working in a practice management organization including:
- Maintain project register (Jira)
- Entering timesheets
- respond to issues logged internally & by customers.
- Provide configuration and development estimates.
- Provide technical support to existing CRM clients
- Maintain compliance with Microsoft development standards and Microchannel development and source code practices
- Promotes the mission and values of Microchannel
Software & IT Skills Required:
- 5-7 years of software development experience out of which at least 2 years’ experience as a lead or in senior position
- 3-4+ years of experience with .NET and managed code (any version).
- Full stack development (with a passion)
- Back end: Web service technologies.
- Ability to elicit customer requirements – build an understanding from the client and user perspective – then conceive & implement a technical solution. Ability to verify own work to meet client requirements and high technical standards.
- Experience working in a well-functioning agile team.
- Have at minimum a basic working knowledge of what is a content management system (CMS) and what is involved with integrating with off the shelf system.
- Web Development in .NET Core and REACT
- HTML for email marketing
- Experience with a Content Management system.
- Experience integrating to any large off the shelf system such as a CRM or ERP package, especially Microsoft Dynamics 365 CE
- jQuery and experience with a CSS framework such as Bootstrap. Additional client-side scripting technologies such as PHP.
- Experience with MVC and WebForms development in .NET.
- Presentation of a portfolio of your work or simply a walkthrough of some of your best web work published online will be very highly considered.
Other knowledge and skills:
- Commitment to customer satisfaction
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment in an “off-shore” environment
- Excellent English language communication skills – written and verbal
- Agile Development experience (especially SCRUM)
- Self-Starter with ability to handle multiple tasks and shifting priorities
- Disciplined, organized, punctual.
- Thinks clearly and calmly under pressure
- Investigates problems to establish real or underlying causes
- Solves complex problems with creative solutions
- Ability to learns new concepts quickly and thoroughly
Education & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, Computer Science, or equivalent
- Personal Billing Utilization
- Work quality and compliance with development estimates
- Customer satisfaction / feedback
- Compliance with MicroChannel Services software development standards and practices