MicroChannel is a multi-award-winning business solutions and technology provider, servicing mid-sized to large companies. Founded in 1995, MicroChannel has 280+ employees and 1,400+ customers located across Australia and Asia-Pacific regions.
MicroChannel has an outstanding team of committed and knowledgeable professionals who thrive on providing expert consulting, development and advisory services. Our team works together towards one common goal, to grow, develop and retain highly reference-able long term customers.
MicroChannel needs your help to transform and modernise our online customer experience! You will be joining our team as the lead front-end developer and will actively work on both the design and coding aspects of MicroChannel’s corporate website and microsites (built on WordPress). As a lead, you will be coordinating projects and guiding fellow team members. You will be trusted with creating project plans and ensuring deadlines are met.
If you are seeking the opportunity to lead and create inspirational/leading-edge websites, find and implement new web tools and technologies, and wish to help set MicroChannel apart from our competitors, please apply.
- Lead the re-development of MicroChannel’s corporate website and online experiences
- Help elevate MicroChannel’s online presence through leading web design, suggest and implement innovative web tools, and provide exciting user experiences across our main corporate website and microsites.
- On an on-going basis review, optimise and enhance our websites so that leading edge design is constantly incorporated and to ensure that the websites stay fresh
- Our sites are built in WordPress, therefore a high level of experience of the CMS is required
- Technical knowledge about the latest developments and internet features
- Ability to manage different projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Plan out future modifications for the sites and keep abreast with new technologies and software to develop the online presence and success of the sites
- Maintain all websites delegated by the company.
- Ensure that the sites along with the pages attached to them are in working order
- Review each site and mark out the changes required in it
- Check the level of security in each site and update it.
- Make sure that the sites are secured and the user data they may incorporate is also safeguarded.
- Ensure that the sites are user friendly and easy to navigate, as these factors affect the performance.
- Possess knowledge about the client requirements and analyze the websites accordingly to bring suitable changes in them.
- Check the originality of the websites and ensure that the content is not duplicated on other platforms and have an SEO minded approach to all developments
- Execute a regular follow up and assessment of the performance of the sites.
- Analyze the site layouts and structures, HTML coding, navigation systems, etc., for optimizing the content with a view to receive top search engine rankings and enhance the visibility of the websites.
Software & IT Skills Required:
- Degree in IT or Software Engineering or related field
- 3-4 years of experience in a similar capacity with a minimum of 1-2 years in a Lead role
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3, JS, Responsive design etc.
- WordPress experience and customization
- Prototyping platforms/design tools
- Knowledge of SEO best practice
Personal Attributes and Strengths:
- Passionate about delivering exceptional outcomes
- High level of attention to detail
- Have a good isn’t good enough approach
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- As a leader have a disciplined, organized, punctual and caring attitude
- Excellent communication and leadership skills – verbal and written